12 September 2011

Manic Monday

I didn't realize until about an hour ago that it is in fact Monday. I've felt very up and down today for, what seems to be, no reason. But today is almost over, so here's to hoping that I will feel better tomorrow.

Yesterday I had the opportunity to catch the movie Contagion (hehe... see what I did there?). Basically, it was a big Public Service Announcement to people about safe food handling and hand washing standards. It's scary to think something so simple could potentially doom the world. While I was at the movie, it wasn't difficult to notice the amount of people present. The theatre was absolutely packed; I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the release date of the movie, the day/time we went (Sunday, 4pm) or that it was in fact 9/11. Either way, everyone wanted to escape reality with a movie... about what could be our reality. Definitely not a happy movie, although it did have it's heartwarming moments. Also, the movie didn't wrap up all the plot lines it had going and there were a lot of unnecessary situations. Overall, I'll give it 4 out of 5 stars.



No comments: